As an EU official or staff member you live abroad as part of your job. Working across different borders means you have specific insurance requirements as you want to be sure you have the same level of coverage, no matter where you go. Enter Expat & Co's Europat insurance solution. (for EU civil servants on RCAM/JSIS only)
Europat Insurance (for EU civil servants on RCAM/JSIS only)
from 7 modules: medical treatment costs topping up your RCAM/JSIS scheme, assistance, personal protection, life, income protection, personal belongings on the move and personal liability.
RCAM/JSIS is a worldwide valid social security. We provide additional insurance wherever you are in the world. Unfortunately RCAM/JSIS does not collaborate with private insurers and does not share information. That way we cannot provide third party payment.
Our multilingual alarm centre is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether it's a medical emergency or a problem with your home, our representatives are on hand to offer all the support you need.
Has your situation changed? Did you leave the EU-institution, and left RCAM/JSIS? Simply let us know and we switch your Europat Insurance into an Expat Insurance, Full Cover or topping up your local social security.
This part of Europat Insurance covers you for any medical expenses you might have, such as::
- hospitalization costs
- ambulatory treatment in case of accident or illness
- dental care
This module also forms part of your Core plan and offers support worldwide in case of:
- referral service for doctors/hospitals;
- linguistic assistance in case of a claim;
- medical repatriation/ evacuation, or repatriation of mortal remains;
- repatriation in case of natural disaster or political instability;
- early return in case of death of a familiy member or major damage to your house;
Optional Module 3 is fully flexible and can be tailored to suit your personal requirements. It is designed to pay out a lump sum in case of a covered incident such as:
- death by accident;
- permanent or temporary disability;
- critical and incurable illness;
Module 4 is optional and is available for all working persons, as well as temporarily non-working persons, who gave up their own career to follow their partner abroad. It is designed to guarantee your income in case you are temporarily or permanently unable to work due to:
- either economic or physical disability following a private or occupational accident, illness or a complicated pregnacy. In case of (temporary or permanent) disability, this guarantee pays the insured pension according to the degree of disability of the insured person.
This optional Module is designed to protect your most important and valuable objects, whether at home or during your travels for business or pleasure.
Module 6 covers:
- home contents and household furniture for fire, explosion, lightning strikes, natural disasters, storms, flooding by burst pipes or water tanks, damages by riots, strikes, malintent, burglary, robbery and even the breaking of glass plates and mirrors
- all risk personal valuables worldwide.
Our Liability Coverage is the final optional Module that you may wish to consider as part of your Europat insurance policy. It is designed to cover accidents you may have in your private life that cause damage or harm to a third party or their property. It also guarantees legal assistance against the third party if you are hurt or if your property is damaged.